27SEP21 - 06OCT21 / The Ultimate AWW Landing Challenge!

[/event]The Ultimate AWW Landing Challenge!

Date: 2021-09-26T23:00:00Z2021-10-05T23:00:00Z

Simulator details: Any simulator of your choice. E.g. Infinite Flight, Microsoft Flight Simulator, P3D, FSX ect.

Route: No set route. Any airport of your choice.

Aircraft: Any aircraft of your choice

Hello and welcome to another event! It’s been a while! This time, it’s something different to participate in! A landing competition! We’ve had landing competitions here on the forum before, but none quite like this. You may fly on any sim you want, as long as you can make a landing in it!

Rules

The rules are as follows:

• There are no airport, sim, or aircraft restrictions. The choice is yours!
  • In order to compete, you must either send a replay of your landing to a judge (using either Google Drive, or if using Infinite Flight, use https://sharemyinfiniteflight.com/)
  • If, for some reason, you are unable to share a replay, it is possible to schedule a time with one of the judges to spawn in (if multiplayer is available), to capture your landing live. This is not the preferred method.
  • You must NOT use autoland as this is cheating and you will be disqualified.
  • You may submit your entry at any time between 27 September and 3 October. The entries will close at midnight in your time zone.

Judges

The judges are as follows (more may be added):

@Earagail
@Zhopkins
@CaptainLeo1

If you have any questions or queries about the event, don’t hesitate to reach out and pm me (@Earagail).

Prizes

Well, you’re guaranteed bragging rights if you win (there will be a top 3), but participation is key and it’s just for a bit of fun! I may add in a prize if we get enough participats, but I’m keeping it a secret, so you must compete to find out what it may be!

Happy landings!

Please also note, landings are not fully based on smoothness, but a ix of factors such as accuracy to the touchdown zone, speeds, and flaps and spoilers, all that good stuff!

Banner source: @Earagail

9 Likes

Does it have to be an actual route(departure to destination) or can you just directly land at any airport(spawn on final)

1 Like

No just the landing is fine.

2 Likes

Well, either way, I’m participating and I also just got the landing video recorded that I was going to sent on September 27th

1 Like

Super stuff! Can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this to start!

Great to see lots of participation!

Also, along with this post I’d like to note that if anyone wants to be a judge, they DO NOT have to have access to a sim, just able to access a replay and a judge may submit an entry but won’t be given a prize or be credited for fairness and to avoid bias,

5 Likes

I’m still going to send something to you or all the judges if we have more judges anyways. :joy:

3 Likes

I’d love to get as many landings as possible and I guess if the other judges do judge another judges landing, that could be fair, so we’ll see how it plays out.

3 Likes

Sounds good! Can’t wait for this to start!

1 Like

Question about auto land, does it count as using auto land if I’m using autopilot all the way until minimums or do I have to fly the approach by hand as well?

1 Like

As long as it’s off by short final, you’re good.

1 Like

For clarification, judges will be assessing the landing using the following criteria:

Smoothness - This will be judged by looks only and NOT fpm. - 10 points

Accuracy to touchdown zone - 30 points

Stopping - 10 points (20 if reverse thrust cannot be used)

Reverse thrust (if applicable - if not see stopping) - 10 points

Approach (anything analysed before touchdown) - 25 points

Lights usage - 5 points

Accuracy to center line - 10 points

3 Likes

I use thrust reverse to stop oof. Also I didn’t vacate off the runway

Vacating isn’t necessary as long as all the criteria is met.

Competition starts soon!

can I get more of a definition here because I’m doing an I clear the runway, do a 180 to get on the parallel taxiway and cross a runway continuing to the gate without stopping, but I’m stopping the recording before I park up at my gate.

Basically don’t overrun and you’re good with this category. Its just based on how well you stop, doesn’t have to be a full stop on the runway, just as long as everything runs smoothly.

It has offically started!

1 Like