Air France’s First Airbus A220 Rolls Out Of The Paint Shop

Air France is preparing for the arrival of something new and exciting. Its first Airbus A220 has been spotted rolling out of the Airbus paint shop, ahead of delivery to the French flag carrier. The plane, sporting the full Air France livery, will be delivered to the airline in September.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/air-france-first-a220-painted/

Ew CSeries trash

luckily KLM has E2s

1 Like

ew A220
why didn’t they buy neos

1 Like

why didnt they buy E2s

1 Like

Airbus would make sense since its narrowbody Fleet consisted of the A320 family

So A32N would be logical

3 Likes

Air France’s first A220 rolled out of the paint shop on July 26th, ahead of its delivery in September. The carrier has ordered 60 A220-300s, the most successful variant, with the first aircraft to become F-HZUA. The A220 will replace the A318 and A319, reducing seat-mile costs and helping to increase route performance.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/air-france-possible-a220-routes/

This is great to hear! @PlanesAndGames :grin:

1 Like

I wonder why they didn’t buy the NEO instead as it has type commonality with the CEOs :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure myself. Either way the A220 is the the right way to go in terms of seats, modern, lower fuel consumption etc. Really great for short hops.

2 Likes

Yay, AF A220 lol

3 Likes

Gonna miss the 318 and 319s :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here. On the upside the A220 is still Airbus :+1:

2 Likes

no it’s bruhbardier crap

that’s what @infiniteflight_pilot told me

2 Likes

Yes bruhbardier is crap I agree

2 Likes

That’s probably why Airbus took over the A220 lol

2 Likes

But the iconic A318 ‘baby’… you will be missed.
You’ll hardly find a mainline jet that is so small anymore.

2 Likes

i mean, A220 and 717…

1 Like

Except we don’t care about that one anymore hehe

2 Likes

The A318 is short, that’s what’s so special about it.

2 Likes