ATC Questions Thread

This thread is for any questions related to ATC, whether that be about IFATC, or anything else. Just post the question below and someone should be able to answer it! :point_down:

If you are answering a question, please ensure that your answer is correct and that it’s as thorough as possible. This is to ensure that any information remains accurate and informative.

7 Likes

Can I ask about VATSIM as well?

1 Like

Yes, Alec we are an aviation community :wink: , not my personal field but I’m sure someone here will be able to answer your questions! Cheerio :v:

7 Likes

If you got any questions about VATSIM, hit me up I was a controller for 4 years there. Obviously some things have changed but I can still help :blush:

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome! What was the experience like compared to IF?

1 Like

It was so much different man. I was touching an aircraft every second with my finger or sliding it across an ipad rather than talking to someone every second and writing their flight info don paper like a real ATC. It was just a whole different kind of cool!

2 Likes

You prefer it? Must have been a lot harder!

1 Like

Seem like a very different experience indeed! I would like it if IRL ATC had a system a bit like IF especially for radar where drag and vector would be great.

1 Like

VATSIM ATC is about 20 times better than IFATC, I’ve been an expert controller and now I am working on my VATSIM ratings, which I find to be much more realistic.

2 Likes

Yeah I prefer VATSIM. Its not harder its that you have to put in the work to know everything. Butsuper fun one you got it

1 Like

It’s boring when you have no one, but when you get the traffic it’s great fun. -a lowly S1 who can only control the Class C airports in ZBW. Currently working on my Major S1 to be allowed to control BOS ground though.

1 Like

I remember those days. I always loved Clearnce Delivery

1 Like

Where do you normally work, normally you’ll catch me running PVD_GND just being open for hours while doing other things to be there for the few people who fly out of there.

1 Like

Im not there anymore but I was a Supervisor for ZSU (SanJuan) and I used to open up Center and act as everything for San Juan except Local. Usually id tag with a friend. Until I moved to ZJX and was sitting on Orlando Tower for days lol

1 Like

If you ever worked ZJX center we might of run into each other, I fly in and out of DAB semi regularly on VATSIM.

1 Like

I probably have seen you!

1 Like