📢 This is your chance to help the community! Are you or anyone you know good at logo design? Please help us here

Aviation facts

Hello,

here you can post your aviation facts.

An airbus takes off or lands every 1.4 seconds (I doubt this fact is true anymore given the current situation.)

2 Likes

The Cessna 172 is the most manufactured aircraft ever, with over 40K units

5 Likes

Travelling by air can shed up to 1.5 litres of water from the body during an average 3-hour flight.

4 Likes

Interesting fact. Didn’t know that.

that’s bc the air is dry due to pressurization

1 Like

btw it can be as dry as a desert

1 Like

I’m not an encyclopaedia (this may come as a shock :joy:) I for one don’t know everything and I assume it would be boring if one did.

NoT a TrUe AvGeEk lol

And this is exactly why it’s very important to drink frequently when flying. Personally, I like to have a cold juice or a cup of water every hour or so.

The B-21 Raider was actually name by a survivor from Doolittle raid, the bombing of Tokyo.

For every 1,000ft of density altitude a Cessna 172 needs 25% more runway.

4 Likes

Aviation Facts #252

Aeroflot Flight 593 crashed because the pilot let his kids fly the plane, who unknowingly disengaged the autopilot function. The crash killed everyone on board.

4 Likes

Hopefully that’s doesn’t happen at Aeroflot Virtual.

“Look daddy! I turned the autopilot off!”

3 Likes

Oh lord lol

Fact: Southwest Airlines’ first Boeing 737-700, first delivered in 1997, is still flying in their fleet. It’s expected to be retired sometime between next year and 2025.

2 Likes

Only 5% of the world’s population have ever been on an airplane

4 Likes

Here’s a really well done video about it from one of the best aviation YouTubers imo.

4 Likes

How did the pilots “not know” didn’t they notice the plane pitching down or the autopilot disconnect sound going off?

1 Like

Aviation Fact #844:

Brussels Airport is the world’s biggest chocolate seller, selling over 800 tons of chocolate a year.

1 Like