Blast from the Past with Virgin America!

Hey everyone!
I recently did MMSD - KLAX on the Virgin America A320-200 and thought I’d share my shots! Prior to it being closed Virgin America was one of my favorites if not my favorite airline to fly! I flew this route irl quite a few years ago and thought I’d do it in a sim!

Let me know what y’all think of the pictures and your views on what used to be Virgin America and feel free to share any pictures of a flight with them.

8 Likes

You’ve done an absolutely stunning job with these! Some of the best IF screenshots I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

Woahh I wasn’t expecting that :joy:🥲 :sleepy: !
Thank you very much for your kind words, I did take my time lol!

1 Like

Those pictures are really good! Also if I remember correctly MMPR already has buildings as of version 21.5… :thinking:

Keep up the great work still!

1 Like

Loving pictures 5 & 9. Shame they closed hope you had a great flight!

1 Like

Virgin America yesss :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I LOVE those winglets! :heart_eyes: #3 is my fav.

4 Likes

I’ll let @infiniteflight_pilot correct you on Airbus terminology :joy: But yes it is a nice picture!

3 Likes

Winglets, sharklets… They serve the same purpose, but the latter is an Airbus thing. :joy:

3 Likes

That’s true. But as a Boeing guy, I sometimes forget the Airbus terminology. :rofl:

3 Likes

Actually, those triangular winglets you find on older Airbuses (A300, 310, older A320 family aircraft, A380), Airbus calls them wingtip fences, not winglets or sharklets. The only true Airbus ‘winglets’ are the ones on the A330/340.

I always thought fences was stupid name for winglets, lol

1 Like