📢 This is your chance to help the community! Are you or anyone you know good at logo design? Please help us here

Could AI Soon Be Responsible For Flight Planning? Alaska Thinks So

Seattle-based Alaska Airlines continues to trial artificial intelligence tools to better map flight paths, increase on-time performance, and reduce fuel burn. One of the stars of Alaska’s AI armory is piloting software Flyways created by Airspace Intelligence.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/alaska-airlines-ai-flight-planning/

I could see this becoming a thing with all the airlines, an AI could easily do the bulk of the flight planning, and then looked over by a human. I see no reason to not let this happen as long as they all get looked over by the dispatcher and the pilots of the flight.

3 Likes

“Alexa, create a flight plan to Sydney”

“Creating a flight plan to Sydney, South Africa”

“wait alEXA NO

Haha, I think it would be more like Alexa plan a flight from BOS to DCA. But in all seriousness it won’t be through Alexa, more than likely it will be Alaskan’s own privately developed AI

1 Like

Alexa create IFR flight plan from Manchester to Keflavik.

Well then don’t let someone with a Scottish or Irish accent plan the flight lmao