Daily Aviation QOTD

Daily Aviation QOTD

Hey Hey AWC!! Welcome back to another topic, here we’ll host a daily Question Of The Day. I’ll be posting a question daily in the morning. Hope you guys enjoy!

Question suggestions are welcome. Feel free to DM me.
3 Likes

QOTD - May 27

What’s your favorite route, and why?

2 Likes

Ooh that’s a tough one, I’d have to say either SFO - EWR and back because I’ve been flying that route 3 times a year every year to visit family also look at the aircraft that fly the route - 752, 78X, 77W, 772, 764, 789. That’s irl, but in simulators I’d say anywhere in Africa and the north western US + Caribbean.

3 Likes

Very very nice!

1 Like

My favourite route is Liverpool to Madrid. This is because its my most flown route. I’ve flown it since I was born really (didn’t have a choice whether I flew or not at the age of around 3) and only covid put a stop to it since 2019. Obviously easyJet fly this route with an A320.

1 Like

I love doing BOS-DCA/DCA-BOS
It’s not a long route, but not too short taking about 1.5 - 2 hours. It is also hard to go wring with the river visual into DCA, that approach is always fun.

Not really a route but C208 flying around Hawaii always makes for a nice time. Lots of landings, views and an easy plane to fly! :mountain:

I don’t have one in particular, but any transatlantic flight, preferably from JFK or BOS, is always a blast. I love long haul flights. Eat, sleep, watch tv, repeat.

1 Like

QOTD - May 28

You suddenly have the power to remove one plane type from existence. What would it be and how would you remove it?

Thanks @Rolls for the question!

4 Likes

Ohhh tough question indeed! There are many aircraft I’d love to wave a wand so they disappear :joy:

It would definitely be the Skyvan. That design deserves a prison sentence. You don’t have to look very far into liveries either… What is that?! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

The Piper PA-28 line. Because the Cessna 172 is the highly superior trainer.

2 Likes

C208 because it’s just not my aircraft I wanna fly, not a fan. Sorry

1 Like

Effective immediately hi15td is no longer under employment by the AWW. We don’t thank him for his service and wish him an awful retirement. :heart:

It’s a difficult question. But definitely the PA28 as it is the “superior trainer.”

3 Likes

I’ve trained in both, the Cessna is better no doubt in my mind. Have you ever heard of a Cessna losing its wing? Because I’ve heard of a piper losing its wing.

3 Likes

I’ve only been in the C172 once and I wasn’t flying it so I cannot really say much on the part of experience. But. When it comes to comfort and cockpit configuration I definitely do prefer the PA28. :airplane:

3 Likes

I have flown both, personally, I enjoy having doors on both sides of the airplane and not having to get in on the right side and slide on over to the left. and from my experience flying the airplanes, the Skyhawk just flies and handles much better and smoother in my opinion.

3 Likes

Actually. To be fair. This is very much a con of the PA28. Tell me though. Which flap lever do you prefer. There is only one right answer. :eyes::white_check_mark:

3 Likes

I like electric-driven flaps TYVM. The thing with the manual flaps of the PA28 is that it’s possible to like accidentally miss a notch when retracting the flaps. So the C172 is better as you won’t instantly go from flaps 2 to up which is possible in the piper as the electricity takes them up at a set rate. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Might as well have a fully automatic plane. Where’s the fun in that. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

umm, not almost stalling the airplane because you missed a notch. I have done that, it wasn’t fun.

3 Likes