E-Jet: The New Sustainable Aviation Fuel Made From CO2

Carbon transformation company Twelve announced Tuesday it had produced its first batch of E-Jet fuel in collaboration with the US Air Force. The fuel is achieved through CO2 electrolysis and introduces a scaleable fossil-free drop-in alternative with up to 90% fewer emissions throughout its lifecycle compared to conventional jet fuel. In true circularity, the CO2 used for the process is captured straight from the air.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/saf-made-from-co2/
1 Like

Pretty interesting read if you guys are into sustainable aviation, and just the possible future in general. I plan to study Aerospace Sustainability & Entrepreneurship at college so this is right up my alley.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

I’ve just done some research on this and apparently on a small scale it should only take 1.33 volts of electricity to break down CO2 that’s less than that produced by a AA battery. Obviously in real life application the voltage will have to be higher. Some very cool stuff going on!

2 Likes

Hold up. E-Jets already exist.
Embraer E-Jet family - Wikipedia

1 Like

Lol. They should probably change the name although I would assume people would be able to distinguish the difference.

1 Like