Embraer ERJ (not E-Jet) vs Bombardier CRJ

You’ve all heard of Boeing vs. Airbus, but have we thought about why the CRJ family is highly superior to the ERJ family?

To start it’s wider, taller, and offers superior legroom compared to the ERJ family.

Argue points in the replies, and be sure to vote in the poll

• Embraer ERJ Family
  • Bombardier(now Mitsubishi) CRJ Family

0 voters

crj ftw.

1 Like

I prefer erj family. I can’t explain why but to me they just look better. In my opinion anyway.

1 Like

they just aren’t though, they are smaller, narrower, and much more cramped than the CRJ family. Sure the plane looks nice, but I think that about almost every other airplane

I’m undecided lol. After just flying on both the ERJ175 & CRJ700 they both have pros and cons. I asked pilots of both aircraft and they both preferred the CRJ as there claim was “you actually fly the plane” - meaning that a lot more human control is needed than the ERJ so if you like to fly and be in charge the CRJ, as for looks of the aircraft they said they like the ERJ better, that I do agree with. Both are pretty quiet - no engine roar 💀… so I’m in different I think. Even though I’m not a pilot I agree with what both of the pilots said, as I think I’d feel the same…

3 Likes

Gotta go for the one made in my country 😜

Also if you aren’t tall, you should be fine on the ERJ. Although the CRJ is wider, remember it’s usually 2-2, as opposed to the ERJ’s 1-2

1 Like

THATS E-JET NOT ERJ lol

2 Likes

this, plus the argument is the ERJ family vs. the CRJ family, not the CRJ vs. ERJ vs. E-Jet (E170/175/190/195)

2 Likes

that’s why I changed the name lol

2 Likes

I’m taking about ERJ and CRJS …

2 Likes

the E175 is NOT an ERJ though

2 Likes

Who says that? I must have been misinformed! Seriously tho …?

3 Likes

most people, the ERJ family has 2 engines on the tail, the E-Jet family has 2 engines on the wing

1 Like

I was going to hit you with a tomato tomaaato…

But this is news to me… on the United app when it shows my aircraft it says ERJ - 175 so… and the engines are on the wing… so that doesn’t rly make sense…

1 Like

in that case, don’t take it from me, take it from the manufacturer: E-JETS. The Business Warrior Archives - Embraer is not ERJ. The Runway Legend Archives - Embraer

and yes, ironically the E-175 is used more in regional operations while the bigger brother is tended to be used by the mainline carrier

3 Likes

I definitely don’t.

1 Like

as someone who has flown on the ERJ 145, CRJ-200/700/900(yes I’ve been on all three variants), I have to say that my favorite regional jet, at least from a passenger POV is easily the newer CRJ-900’s

3 Likes

ERJ without a doubt @oklahomaaviation

4 Likes

Why did you even make this topic, there is no debate to be made.

1 Like

there is debate to be made, I say the CRJ familiy is betters, other have said the ERJ familiy is better, therefore, there is debate

1 Like