Government Jets Flock To Glasgow For The COP26 Summit

It is, of course, somewhat ironic that a conference on the deterioration of the environment is an occasion for additional air travel. However, hopefully, short-term emissions will be made up for through long-term agreements that can, if not turn the course of climate change around, then at least slow global warming enough to buy us and the planet some time. In either case, COP26 is proving a real treat for Scottish planespotters.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/cop26-government-jets/
3 Likes

Very ironic flying all these jets to a climate change summit lol. :rofl:

Some nice spots though! :wink:

My local airport is certainly not in Glasgow… not a “Glaswegian” airport.

1 Like

I was going to say that myself :rofl::rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

Greta must be annoyed.

They should be doing this :joy:

1 Like

Actually Boris Johnson was smart enough to fly the efficient A321neo to Glasgow. Also many other world leaders flew relatively small planes (e.g. A319, 737) to the meeting, therefore reducing carbon footprint per person (as those VIP planes don’t carry a lot of passengers, and a larger aircraft will only mean more carbon emissions, no matter for the aircraft as a whole or per person.)

Also Greta may not dislike aviation that much anymore considering that the first A319neo flight using 100% SAF has been completed :wink:

There are two things I didn’t think I would ever hear. But yeah the A321neo is a great choice of aircraft

1 Like

True. The goal is sustainability and reducing carbon emissions so… I guess the A321neo would be an appropriate choice of aircraft.

3 Likes