How Airbus Hopes To Launch The First Zero-Emission Plane By 2035

Airbus has set itself an ambitious target to introduce the world’s first zero-emission commercial aircraft by 2035. There will undoubtedly be several challenges along the way. Nonetheless, the manufacturer shared details of its strategy at the Airbus Summit in Toulouse last week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/airbus-zero-emissions-plane-2035/

While I think this goal may be a tad lofty as for timeframe, I think that getting aircraft powered by hydrogen will be a great overall win for the environment and airlines as hydrogen has the potential to be a whole lot cheaper than jet-a and avgas for GA if hydrogen power ever gets to general aviation.

1 Like

Sounds good to me as long as its piloted by actual people :slight_smile:

1 Like

agreed haha, I’m down for flying aircraft powered by hydrogen once the technology gets proven

1 Like

I’m all for hydrogen powered cars and aircraft too. I mean batteries can be… Shockingly bad.

1 Like

exactly, and I know hydrogen can work, I just want to wait until it gets proven through test flights

1 Like

People tell me hydrogen can explode yeah so can petrol lol.

indeed, all it needs is to be vaporized which isn’t that hard theoretically, I mean, it’s what is happening inside of the engine

1 Like

Hydrogen, as an element, is an extremely flammable gas. They can work around this and use compounds and ions of Hydrogen though.