Introducing AWW's first Q&A with an IRL Aviation Professional.

Welcome to this new series where a professional in aviation comes around for questions and answers. This will be held in a straightforward format; when you see a thread appear, ask any question you would like until the time at which it is announced that submissions will be closed. After which, the thread will be locked, and one more reply will be added, full of answers to all the questions you asked. If you have any questions about the general format, please feel free to message @hi15td, and I will gladly answer your question. Now onto the Q&A:

Our first aviation professional is @PropHatCat:
PropHatCat is a Real-world ZHU Controller, Part-Time Chick-fil-A Employee, Part-Time Streamer. On top of that, he is also the ATM for ZHU on the VATSIM network.

Please feel free to reply to this thread with any questions, submission of questions will end at Sat, Oct 30, 2021 3:59 AM10/30/2021 with the answers to come out the following day.

8 Likes

What is it like being a ZHU controller and what do you live-stream?

1 Like

Would you rather be a controller or pilot?

2 Likes

What flight sims have you played before? How did you become interested in being controller?

1 Like

To become a controller did you go through the USAF or FAA? How was that process? Which would you recommend to someone interested in that career field?

2 Likes

Raising Cane’s or Chick-Fil-A?

Definitely not a biased question

1 Like

Multi-tasking tips and tricks? Always looking to improve my abilities both remembering and communicating as a pilot so was wondering if you could share any feedback on stuff pilots say that you dislike or find rather annoying?

3 Likes

Hey there folks, @PropHatCat is currently live streaming Houston center on Twitch, come check it out: Twitch

4 Likes

I’m enjoying this! You guys should definitely tune in!

1 Like

What is your favorite part about being a controller? What do you enjoy the most, find interesting, and dislike, or get annoyed about when controlling… if anything? If you could be based at any airport in the world where would you be based and why? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you had any interesting conversations with pilots?

For example something along the lines of this

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for all the awesome questions for our guest @PropHatCat. No new submissions will be allowed and the answers will be coming out shortly. Once again, thank you all for your participation.

6 Likes

And the answers are in:

Thanks everyone once again for participating. I’m hoping for the next one to bring in an A320 type rated pilot for a US-Based airline.

4 Likes

Big thank you to @PropHatCat eh guys? For giving us his valuable time. And providing what is an incredibly interesting read! :clap:

4 Likes