📢 This is your chance to help the community! Are you or anyone you know good at logo design? Please help us here

Jet2 is looking at ordering Airbus!

Jet2 is ordering 36 A321NEOs! Their 757s are getting old and its about time for a new era and also to check their fleets best before date (lol) as they are on average 30 years old :wink: I’m so excited as this is the first time they are placing an order with Airbus. The Chairman said this…

“This aircraft is, in our opinion, the most efficient and environmentally friendly aircraft in its class today. It will give our holiday customers a wonderfully comfortable and enjoyable experience as they travel with us for their well deserved Jet2 holiday”

Obviously many airlines are eyeing Airbus for new modern aircraft for its efficiency, comfort and safety especially the fly-by-wire Airbus offers.

“Traditionally having been operating non-fly-by-wire aircraft, we note with great satisfaction that, after having tested a couple of leased A321s and run a comprehensive evaluation, Jet2 is forward-looking and investing in modern and future proof Airbus fly-by-wire technology”

Personally I think this is a huge step in the right direction for Jet2 as they would be operating a quieter and safer fleet of aircraft which is what passengers want right?

2 Likes

Nah the 757s should do just fine for another 20 years lol

3 Likes

Exactly, you were a good airline Jet2

Inefficient. Especially when fuel cost is on the rise. Yes old is nice but you need to move forwards with the everchanging industry.

2 Likes

THEN WAIT THE NMA lol

Too big for them, I suppose

3 Likes

This is great news for Jet2! I’m surprised though as I’d never thought they would order Airbus. I wonder if they would start transatlantic with those? :eyes:

4 Likes

That would be a really cool possibility we are yet to see what the future holds for Jet2!

3 Likes

Get them out and replace with those brand new NEO’s. :wink:

2 Likes

@PlanesAndGames will you send Jet2 a persuasive letter to choose Boeing :joy:?

2 Likes

Why doesn’t Jet2 get an E190 sized aircraft for transatlantic flying? Super cozy :sunglasses:

/s

Maybe if you were a sardine it would be cosy :joy:. For normal people I prefer a nice A321neo

4 Likes

Eh… anything smaller than a 757 transatlantic is a big no no for me. Might as well use starship

4 Likes

Yes please! If it could do 100 miles per minute I’d be happy.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say kick the 757s out right away (since actually I like it as much as the A321neo and the airline can make good use of its higher capacity before the neo arrives :joy:) but what really needs to leave the fleet first are the 737-300s. They are relatively inefficient compared to the 738 and 752.

3 Likes

A321neo is actually only a bit smaller :wink:
Plus it has a wider cabin which is good for passengers. I’m not saying that the 757 is bad, it’s a really good plane, but the A321neo doesn’t make too much of a difference as a passenger.

3 Likes

Quite a lot actually, and also lower

1 Like

Well yes, but actually no
A321N - about 44m
752 - about 47m

1 Like

3 meters is a fair amount of difference TBF

1 Like

Especially for airlines as they like to squeeze as many seats in haha

3 Likes