"Love Is Love" - Pride Month & AWW Community

Guten Tag AWW!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a fantastic week. As I am sure all of you know today marks the 1st June which is also the start of Pride Month and we thought as a collective administration team but also collective community we would do our bit to bring light to the struggles LGBTQIA+ members face on a daily basics and show our unconditional support in the fight for people’s freedom of sexuality. Whether this be transphobia, homophobia or lesbophobia.

The AWW will now and forever be an inclusive community for users and staff, a place where people can truly act and be themelves. Where we can all put our beliefs aside and instead talk about our collective passion. Aviation.

Any such homophobic/transphobic/lesbophobic on our forum (including PM’s) will be met with swift action and a permanant suspension. We tolerate no such persecution after the centuries of torment gay/lesibian/trans people have endured. This is a time for all of us to reflect on the past and on the future - whether that be through lack of judgement or simply using someones desired pronouns.

A lot has changed in even just the past decade but we are still not fully there. Members of the human race on a daily basic still say the most hurtful of things and commit the most hurtful of crimes directed at the LGBTQIA+ community. The battle won’t stop until everyone is equal.

So I ask you all, not just here on the AWW but in your daily lives whether that be at school/work/college. Be nice. Be supportive. Be respectful. I’m not asking you to treat people differently but I am asking you to treat them the same. The same as your parents or your teacher or your boss.

With that I would like to mention the themes both Thomas and Ondrej made last year to celebrate Pride Month. You can find pictures of them below and can access them through the hamburger menu.

Thank you. :rainbow_flag:

10 Likes

VORG shall rise again /j

Happy Pride Month!

3 Likes

Those screenshots totally arent from last year lmao

2 Likes

I remember that old AWW logo, good times…

1 Like

Oh another slay yes please :nail_care:

3 Likes

What does that mean?

1 Like

It just means its good basically

2 Likes

I love the new theme.

3 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wasn’t it there since last year though?

1 Like

Yes, we’ve had these themes since then as mentioned in the OP. We used them again for Pride month and are available throughout the year under “rainbow”.

2 Likes

Yea I know, just asking since he said new.

2 Likes

Petition to rename to VORG theme :joy:

2 Likes