A-maz-ing shot! Thanks for sharing. Love this livery! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It is a very nice livery indeed!

3 Likes

And that’s why we need the Landor 744 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I do have one question though, how is it an MD-10

1 Like

Thank you @PlanesAndGames @Ondrej and @ThomasR for the comments! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

And also @BonaireDude, here you go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The British Airways livery really suits the DC10. Great work!

1 Like

DC-10

MD-10 is something different, aka a DC-10 with an MD-11 cockpit, making it an MD-10.

British Airways never operated MD-10s, probably retired before MD-10s even came into existance, I doubt even a single passenger airline operated the MD-10.

1 Like

I’m confused now lol

2 Likes

MD-10 Program

The MD-10 program allows operators to retrofit DC-10s with a new, advanced- technology flight deck. Benefits of the retrofit include a two-person flight deck, weight savings, increased reliability, and commonality with the MD-11 fleet.

Boeing is offering the MD-10 program to the owners of all 413 DC-10s currently in service or storage, giving the program the potential to become the largest airplane modification effort in commercial airplane history. The program provides operators with the opportunity to retrofit their airplanes with the advanced common flight deck (ACF).

Converting DC-10s to MD-10s produces significant cost savings associated with changing to a two-person flight crew from a three-person flight crew. The conversion also replaces approximately 50 line replaceable units (LRU) with 19 state-of-the-art LRUs, improving reliability and decreasing inventory costs. The MD-10 conversion achieves a weight savings of approximately 1,000 lb (454 kg). Additional maintenance and labor savings will result from commonality in an MD-10/MD-11 fleet, including same type ratings for pilots who fly either airplane.

The launch customer for the program is Federal Express (FedEx), which will apply the flight-deck retrofit to 70 DC-10 Freighters. Flight test of the first ACF-configured airplane is planned for late 1998. An 800-hr, three-airplane flight test program is planned to lead to certification by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration in late 1999, with first delivery to FedEx in early 2000.

3 Likes

I mean in IF it’s actually an MD-10…

ah yes, the game with weird cockpits, and where developers dont care about older cockpits

1 Like

The MD-10 is an upgrade to add a glass cockpit to the DC-10 with the re-designation to MD-10 . The upgrade included an Advanced Common Flightdeck used on the MD-11 and was launched in 1996.The new cockpit eliminated the need for the flight engineer position and allowed common type rating with the MD-11. This allows companies such as FedEx Express, which operate both the MD-10 and MD-11, to have a common pilot pool for both aircraft. The MD-10 conversion now falls under the Boeing Converted Freighter program where Boeing’s international affiliate companies perform the conversions

1 Like

Yay you made it shorter

1 Like

@PlanesAndGames Where is the BRUHtish photoshop? I expect better from you lol

1 Like

Now that u said… coming soon

1 Like