My first Seaplane adventure!

Hey all!
Today I went on a Seaplane tour out of Sausalito (city just north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge. The tour took us around Mount Tam down the cost to ocean beach in the city and then around San Francisco, I was also able to see the Warriors basketball parade from my window! We did some more venturing around the parts of the bay and then touched back down. About 30 minutes of actual flying time. Even though I’ve lived here for most of my life it was a super cool to do!
Aircraft reg: N123JL

Enjoy the picture! I did take videos if anyone wants me to send it to them let me know! Landing was superb.

Also if you might have been wondering, yes I was the copilot. Let me know what you think, and if you ever went on one before; how was it?

:airplane::airplane:

7 Likes

Sweet, seaplanes sure seem interesting to fly

2 Likes

I’ve only seen a sea plane when I went to Scotland last year. Its very cool to see them land and even more so I imagine if you are sat inside!

2 Likes

Yea it was awesome, you don’t even feel the landing either because of the water, Also our pilot tuned into Norcal Departure for a second to let us hear which was pretty cool. Other than that we just stuck on the Golden Gate Unicom.

3 Likes

Awesome Photos! Im not ready to go on a sea plane yet. :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly man it was awesome, and definitely a lot smoother than any commercial plane I’ve been on. Sure it’s small but it’s not bad at all. Also if you’re in the co pilot seat :handshake::raised_hands::ok_hand:

3 Likes

I would have thought the landing would feel a bit hard but i guess I’m wrong

1 Like

I’m going to upload the takeoff and landing video to YouTube today or tomorrow and then I’ll send you all the link! But you could probably find one on yt as well. Honestly it’s so smooth and they turn hard while they’re going 100 mph in the water; awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Looks like you had a fun time! Great shots!

3 Likes

That’s super cool! Would you recommend that I try it should I get a chance?

3 Likes

Oh fosho! It was one of the best experiences I’ve had! Definitely worth it, and sit copilot if you can!

3 Likes

Ok cool! I’ll look into it when I can.

2 Likes

Gotta say y’all beat us on coastline views. Here we pretty much are limited to rocky beaches and grey clouds unless you fly over Dover. I don’t know how but America just seems to have fantastic scenery everywhere. :fire:

3 Likes