My latest CAP flight

So on Saturday morning I flew with CAP (civil air patrol). We flew from Mountain home Idaho to gooding Idaho and back. On the way there we did some 2G steep turns and did some stalls and 1 0G pullover where I put my iPad in the air and it floated for a second. Then we landed fueled up and headed back to Mtn home (he let me taxi out both times) on the way back we did some search and rescue exercises (S turns and lowest maneuverable speed, and some circles. After that I followed the snake river. Then we deviated to head to mtn home and on our way we did a few more stalls and 0G pullovers. Then we landed with a lovely 18kt headwind at mtn home. One last thing he also let me preflight the aircraft.

8 Likes

That river has some nice geography.

2 Likes

Must have been fun! I wish we had that kind of thing here…

By the way 18 knots of wind for such a small plane :grimacing:

2 Likes

Dang you live in a real pretty area!

1 Like

That’s awesome! You’d probably get some good shots at sunset too!

@oklahomaaviation is also a pretty wise when it comes to CAP he was a pro there :wink:

3 Likes

Years and years ago lol

2 Likes

Thx. It’s the snake river near bliss dam in Idaho

1 Like

It actually wasn’t that bumpy there were no gusts so we landed at like 45kts ground speed (ground speed is higher because we had a density altitude of 5,000ft)

1 Like

Thx. There are much prettier areas in Idaho this is actually considered one of the ugliest in the state

1 Like

Last year I took a cap flight at sunset I got some nice pics but they are deleted now

1 Like

Ooh nice. I’m only an A1C