Our New Branding!

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in our recent branding competition! We really do appreciate those of you who took the time to submit your creations. We loved them all!

It’s time to reveal… :drum:

After a thorough review of all submissions and discussion amongst staff, we are very pleased to unveil our new look for Aviators Worldwide by AWW’s very own, @SimCaptain:

This main logo is simple yet effective. It gets the name of the community across with some fancy text styling. This logo will be displayed as the main site logo.

scroll_logo_simcaptain
We are loving this additional logo. This will be used as the smaller version when scrolling through. This design gets across the point of an aviation community with the initials A, W, and a plane. We think this looks super cool!

The logos have now been updated on the site. We will work on tweaking if necessary. If you notice any issues with the logos and any of the themes, feel free to let us know in #meta.

Please join us in congratulating @SimCaptain below! :tada:

Once again, we really appreciate everyone who participated! Stay tuned for more super cool things coming to Aviators Worldwide over the coming months. Don’t forget to invite your friends!

9 Likes

Congratulations @SimCaptain! Really nice work :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you @ThomasR!

Awesome! Thanks, @staff for putting this on, I had a really fun time with it!

3 Likes

That is a really beautiful design and most importantly, it’s symbolic of the purpose of this community. Well done @SimCaptain :clap:

4 Likes

What app did you use for the logo @SimCaptain

1 Like

Very similar to the old one in terms of content, but a great new modernised twist!

4 Likes

I mainly used jspaint.app, which is basically an online version of Microsoft Paint. I also used docs and imgflip.com. I use a Chromebook so I have to use what I have lol

3 Likes

Thanks @infiniteflight_pilot! That was the goal!

1 Like

I read it as ‘MW’ so uhh…

I’m confused how that could happen.

I completely see where you’re coming from haha

Can’t look at it properly now lmao

There would have to be 7 lines to make an M and a W. Currently it could be read as a M and a V with 5 lines.

1 Like

It’s like some fancy design a company would do, combining the two letters.

1 Like

What sets it is the jetstream the plane leaves, creating the line in the A.

3 Likes

Yes, that was my favorite part!

3 Likes

sad blue theme noises

4 Likes

Thanks for bringing that to our attention :+1:

3 Likes