SWISS to Become the Newest Airline in Lufthansa Group to Fly the A350

It has been reported on 21 October that Swiss International Air Lines will lease 4 Airbus A350-900s from Avolon, SMBC Aviation Capital and Goshawk as part of a plan to modernise its long-haul fleet. One of the reasons why SWISS opted for the A350 is because its wide cabin allows the airline to install its first class product on board.

I am personally very excited to see SWISS take delivery of their A350s, since it is a modern and efficient aircraft, while offering more comfort for passengers compared to previous a generation aircraft.

What do you think about SWISS’ decision to fly the A350? Comment below!

5 Likes

Apparently they want to get rid of their A340s in a few years. I’m looking forwards to seeing the A350 amongst their fleet. As you said it is a modern and efficient aircraft.

2 Likes

This is super cool! Maybe now I will get to see one at SFO!! I think this is definitely a step in the right direction for them.

4 Likes

Yes, they have announced the retirement of the A340 in 2024-25 if I remember correctly. It will be sad to see the A340 go, but the A350 is an equally beautiful aircraft that I would like to see in LX’s fleet.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying :smiley:

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing these birds, interesting that they chose to lease them.

1 Like