Teenager duct taped to seat

You want an explosive decompression?

4 Likes

Yeah what a wise idea…

2 Likes

He should get a Nobel Prize for that idea

1 Like

Don’t you think this is still a bit harsh though? Considering they have elastic handcuffs, mainly.

1 Like

Not at all. Kid got what he deserved.

1 Like

That’s call unjust

1 Like

What’s unjust?

The kid being punish

1 Like

From an objective point of view a reasonable person would argue that kicking a aircraft window is reckless. However, being restrained in front of a group of people is humiliating and won’t help calm any nerves as people try to escape from these situations. This could have been dealt with in a slightly different way. Age is a very factor when deciding how to deal with an incident.

2 Likes

Well, he might just get frustrated

1 Like

Now, kicking a window is a severe safety threat, so I wouldn’t call it absolutely unjust. It could cause a serious accident.

(from a safety and aviation point of view)

Well, he’s so young. I suppose if he ever got kick out of the plane, situation might look worse. Idk

Well he definitely got what he deserved, what he did is never ok. And I don’t mean to be rude, but I would have laughhheedddd if I saw someone on my flight getting duct taped onto their seat as if there was a sibling war going on

2 Likes

I agree, same here. It’s a safety threat.

1 Like

Wow this is certainly… something.

1 Like

* Article updated 17/08/2021 16:26 UTC with extra information from United*

Recent high-profile disruption incidents have seen US carriers restrain abusive travelers with duct tape. This appears to have become a more common phenomenon since the ongoing global health crisis began. However, United is determined not to deploy such measures, and has instructed staff to refrain from taping abusive passengers to their seats.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/united-airlines-no-duct-tape/
4 Likes

Haha imagine being the person telling your employees this.

4 Likes

I’m interested to see why.

1 Like

Well I don’t think being restrained duct taped to a seat is on anyone’s bucket list that’d be my best guess as to why they were told not to do it. Bad publicity too I imagine.

Welcome to American Airlines where we cancel more flights than any other domestic carrier in the US and for an extra $5 we can duct tape you to your seat for an extra safe journey.

Customers: :door: :running_man:

Sorry about your tea @ThomasR :joy:

2 Likes

This is true. However if the passenger is behaving really dangerously…

1 Like