The boeing 797 potential

The Boeing 797. Most of us have heard of it before, but if you haven’t here is a little backstory. Boeing continues technology work on 797 - Airline Ratings
What Planes Will The Boeing 797 Compete With? - Simple Flying

I am curious as to what you guys think. Most people think if this comes in 2024-25, it will replace the Boeing 757s and the B767s but do you think it will also replace some old A321s, A320s, or A330s? Or at least bring a bigger competition to the market? For Airlines like United which have around 54 767’s, they will be in high demand, but I am excited to see how it will impact the market. Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions with this.

3 Likes

I don’t know really. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. It is a midsized aircraft and probably will replace 757 and 767 but not sure about the A330.

1 Like

It will most probably be too small to replace the A330.

1 Like

Probably but maybe the A321 or A320

Also it looks like there will be a Cargo version too to replace the 757 cargo

2 Likes

Well Airbus already has the NEO to replace this…

1 Like

Well the 797 can hold much more passengers so there is definitely some competition that will come I think.

2 Likes

2024-25 seems too soon. I would say at best maybe 2030. I feel like this just looks like an offbrand 787? Or if the infinite flight team “reworked” the 787, this would be the final product?

2 Likes

Is the range and efficiency the same?

2 Likes

I don’t know if y’all watch Coby Explanes but he suggested that Boeing will probably update the 757 instead of 797. He said it may be called the 757 Max. Also please no single pilot aircraft, as has been suggested for the 797😭

1 Like

Well said sim :sob:

1 Like

im pretty sure thats not possible

1 Like

Why not? You should watch the vid, it’s quite interesting.

1 Like

aaandd what do you think happened to the tooling of the 757?

1 Like

Wdym the tooling?

1 Like